It’s all good.
- If you look at that Steele preview of Georgia, you might notice that he predicts one true freshman will start in ’09: Branden Smith, at cornerback.
- Stacy Searels in the Auburn recruiting limo?
- “The NCAA defines a secondary violation as one that ‘is isolated or inadvertent in nature, provides or is intended to provide only a minimal recruiting, competitive or other advantage, and does not include any significant recruiting inducement or extra benefit.'” And I didn’t think those guys had a sense of humor.
- The Quad’s preview of #89 Mississippi State is a good read. And this is the factoid of the day: The team’s 3-2 loss to Auburn on Sept. 13 had to be the ugliest game of the season… Of the 15 Major League Baseball games on Tuesday night, only one game featured fewer runs than the combined points for the Bulldogs and the Tigers last September.
- Hey, did you hear about the (former) Gator who committed to Junior’s program? Did you? Did you? Did I mention that he was a former Gator? You think this is one of those “little nuggets” Barnhart was writing about a couple of weeks ago?
- Lots of new quarterbacks in the SEC this year.
- Auburn’s recruiters prefer to think of themselves as “trend setters”. That does sound a lot better than “intentional violators of NCAA recruiting rules”.