A few nuggets worth sampling:
- Even I’m a little surprised by the results of this poll. Maybe they really do like the bowl experience.
- The OBC is working without a net at the quarterback position this season.
- What’s in a name? EDSBS tells RichRod.
- Mark Richt’s got a pretty good recruiting pitch for Nick Marshall.
- Cam Newton sees Gatorade as a sign of success.
5 responses to “Thursday morning buffet”
Of course the coaches poll favors staying with the BCS rather than having a true playoff. In the current system the top teams play in a bowl and 1/2 of them end the season with a win. In a true playoff, every team in the playoff ends the season with a loss except the winner.
That doesn’t seem to bother the basketball coaches.
Because all the basketball coaches have to do is get to the big dance to make themselves seem relevant/keep their job.
I would even argue the same is true for football coaches. You always hear a middle of the road team be described as “and the coach has taken them to 3 straight bowl games”. It’s usually added bonus if they’ve won them.
To that point, half the teams make it in football and only about 1/5 or so make it in bball (coach’s reason for playoff expansion)
It seems that quarterbacks don’t want to play for the OBC.
Was Nick Marshall even alive in 1993? Does he know who Charlie Ward is?