Another week begins… brace yourselves.
- Based on in-conference point differential, 2005-9 was the Half-decade of the Gator.
- Herschel Walker doesn’t think much of Junior.
- Olin Buchanan makes the case that Arkansas’ defense has a long way to go – and in the SEC, that matters.
- An incoming member of Georgia’s 2010 class has a big weekend at Florida’s Track and Field Championships.
- A note of optimism about Georgia’s upcoming season, from a Florida beat writer.
- While I think most of Pete Fiutak’s column on Big Ten expansion is a stretch (no way the SEC considers adding any of the teams he lists, with the possible exception of Louisville), he’s spot on with this: “Big Ten head honcho, Jim Delany, would never, ever, ever let the word expansion come out of the mouths of anyone associated with the league without there being some teeth behind it.”
- Bill Snyder, confirmed cupcake lover: “Kansas State announced a three-game series beginning in 2014 with UT-San Antonio.” There’s nothing like finding a weak sister you can settle down with.
- Don’t talk to Paul Johnson about Iowa.
- And meet the newest entry to the Lexicon, PH™.