It’s a virtual buffet, peeps, so don’t worry about exposure to the virus.
- The Pirate gets a commitment out of a four-star QB from Texas.
- Here’s the transcript from Smart’s conference call yesterday.
- The SEC cancelled its spring meeting in Destin.
- Athlon’s preseason top 25 list has Florida ahead of Georgia.
- Two Rivals pundits think Jamie Newman will be the real deal this season.
- “Using ESPN’s way-too-early preseason Top 25 as a guide, 247Sports national analysts Bud Elliott and Brad Crawford take a stab at which teams are overrated and underrated ahead of the 2020 season.” Elliott thinks Georgia’s number four ranking is right; Brad Crawford continues to pump the brakes.
- NCAA President Mark Emmert and members of the association’s senior management are taking pay cuts. I wonder if that will comfort the athletic directors out there irritated about the significant drop in funds being paid out by the NCAA.
- Spurrier, on Finebaum, about spring practice: “Most all coaches would tell you that the staffs that have been there for 2, 3, 4 years or more that it’s not that big a deal not having spring football,” Spurrier said. “Maybe if you had competition at quarterback or some other positions, it would be important, but preseason, if you can get a month in before you play, I certainly think everyone would be capable of playing — maybe not quite their best, but pretty close to playing the best they can.