Stay up late watching the bowl game? Grab a cup of coffee and dig in.
- Nick Saban has been berry, berry good to the Alabama athletic department coffers.
- To the surprise of probably no one, Reshad Jones confirms he’s leaving early for the NFL draft.
- The Greatest Backup Quarterback of Our Era is tanned, rested and ready.
- ESPN is gonna get 3-D on our asses.
- The WWL takes more criticism regarding its journalistic ethics. Seriously, who sees what ESPN provides as journalism these days, anyway? Remember what the “E” in “ESPN” stands for…
- Politics and football alert #1: Somehow, I suspect this ad isn’t going to be greeted as warmly in Ft. Worth today as it might have been a few days ago.
- Politics and football alert #2: It looks like Congress is getting back in the long distance diagnosis business again. That worked spectacularly with Terri Schiavo.
- And speaking of Mike Leach, as rumors go, stranger things have happened than this.
- College football head coach waits until end of NFL season, hires NFL assistant as new defensive coordinator. That’s in Charlottesville, Virginia, not Athens, Georgia, though.