Pick up your plate and go get in line:
- No doubt much to the disappointment of the Mountain West Conference, the big four bowls have re-upped with the BCS through 2013. That’s when the next real fight will occur, anyway, since that’s about the time the current Rose Bowl contract with ABC is set to expire.
- First Junior steals Meyer’s recruits, now he’s stealing Meyer’s signature move. The Laner is Urban Meyer’s soul catcher.
- Doc Saturday says the college football fullback ain’t dead yet. (Bonus: Brannan Southerland pic!)
- It sounds like the Georgia staff is trying to be proactive about dodging the injury bug this year.
- SEC profiles in scheduling courage: Ole Miss schedules two 1-AA cupcakes for 2009 and it’s revealed that Auburn is paying Arkansas State a whopping million dollars for the privilege of beating the crap out of it on the Plains in next year’s season opener. Salut!
- Greatest dog trick ever.
- I love the guys at Third Saturday in Blogtober (still one of the five best blog names I know of), but, c’mon, why does Junior get the benefit of the doubt here? Let’s put it this way: only one of the three parties to the “gas pumping” story has a public track record of misleading statements, and it’s not either of the two who’ve never recruited anyone out of Pahokee, Florida.