You know the drill – grab a plate and dig in:
- Lots of odds and ends stats on various game strategies in this post at MGoBlog. Great read.
- Florida’s 2010 top-ranked recruiting class sure ain’t what it used to be.
- Urban Meyer thinks mistakes were made at Ohio State, but “Were they willful, intentful, violations? I don’t believe that.” Now if only the NCAA agrees with him.
“I like the way he plays,” Grantham said, grinning coyly.
- A good word put in for all those bowl games.
- Chris Brown manages to write a piece evaluating Alabama’s defense without mentioning Alabama’s defensive coordinator.
- Turn to page five of the NCAA’s Override Summary and you’ll find plenty of haves and have-nots talk from the 109 schools who voted to override Emmert’s pet $2000 stipend proposal. As Southeastern Louisiana University succinctly puts it, “We are a “have-not.” This rule benefits the Division I “haves” and would widen the chasm between “BCS” schools and non BCS schools.” Only two current members of Big Six Conferences objected.
10 responses to “Tuesday morning buffet”
Meyer might be the most full of shit coach in the world, which is a pretty impressive accomplishment in its way.
There is not a bigger d-bag.
I heart Todd Grantham so much…. I heart Shawn Williams as well.
I feel better after saying that. Is it next year yet??
And, Meyer never beat Auburn
And yet, Urban Meyer is one of these coaches held up as a paragon of integrity (much like Tressel) despite lying directly into the face of the media with bullshit statements like these. The violations at Ohio State were absolutely intentional. If you believe otherwise, you’re a fool.
I’m shocked that the Mathlete didn’t cover the strategy in this situation: Team XYY is down by 1 point with 5 minutes to play. The optimal strategeryis (ta-da!): Team XYY “allows” team X to score a TD with 1.5 minutes to play in order to preserve time on the clock.
And give their QB 4 chances to complete a pass when everyone in the stadium knows you are going to throw. And to top if off, the WRs have bad hands and the QB is inaccurate, pure genius.
Poor Tressel, fired for no reason.
Senator, what did you mean by the remark that Brown didn’t mention the D coordinator? Saban’s name was there in black and white.
I agree with Whitley about “Too many Bowls” comments. Those games were great to start the season. They could name one “Animal House” and it wouldn’t matter. Right, Senator? My personal favorite would be “Mash, Part Dos”.
I am so happy that he has to eat shit next year …
Imagine Mike shares your opinion.