Take a little from here, a little from there. You can always go back for seconds if you want.
- Brady Hoke to… San Diego State? When I first saw the news on this, I thought this was the weirdest coaching move since, you know whom was signed by you know what. But the more I think about Hoke, it’s not so strange. He’s taking the reins at a program that’s in a deep hole, but actually has some resources to work with. And that weather has to be better than where he’s coming from. Anyway, if he can make SDSU competitive in the next few years, he’ll become the truly hot coaching candidate of the day. Is he a Sexton client?
- David Hale posts part two of his interview with Damon Evans, who doesn’t sound happy about the rash of arrests Georgia suffered through this season.
- For Monte Kiffin, blood is thicker than pay. Monte’s been out of the college game for a while. I wonder how he’ll handle the spread. Anyway, defense wasn’t UT’s problem last year.
- As of 9:23 last night, no one from Auburn had asked permission to speak with Searels or Garner. Although, as Weiszer points out, it’s not like Auburn hasn’t interviewed without permission before.
- Pro riches versus the college life: that’s the tough decision in front of Matt Stafford. For what it’s worth, campus scuttlebutt is that it’s still a close call for Matt.
- It’s worth noting that in spite of all the rumors of all the schools that Spurrier has agreed to interview at for a new job, he’s in the process of putting together a pretty good recruiting class.
- If I’d had a Heisman vote, I would have voted for the GPOOE™, but I have to admit the drama queen stuff is getting tiresome. You want to take the voting results as a slight (although that would seem to be a backhanded knock of Bradford, who’s had a great year himself) and a motivator, fine, but do we really need to hear about it?