Fresh, hot and tasty… mmmm.
- Former Dawg great Rex Robinson has started a blog. I just thought I’d point out in a post of his that he said this: “Coach Richt comes from the George Bush school of loyalty, and thats not a compliment.” Political injection alert! Go get him, guys!
- What do you do when you’re Steve Spurrier and you’re bored? Stir up a little trouble for Urban Meyer on the Finebaum show. Yawn.
- Some ACC folks think the SEC is turning into college football’s version of the American League East. I hope that makes Tennessee the SEC’s analogue to the New York Yankees. How would orange and white pinstripes look anyway?
- This is rich: a sports reporter bitching about the cost of a Coke and bag of M & Ms. Come down from the press box and try buying concessions at a football game sometime, pal. Five bucks for the two is almost a bargain in that setting.
- The Pac-10 wants a TV network to call its own. If it’s smart, it’ll give the USC Song Girls a reality show.
- You moved me with this, man.
- If you watched ESPN’s coverage of the recent NFL draft, trust me when I tell you that this is the greatest grading of a draft I’ve ever seen. Mark Sanchez rooolz!
- We’re seeing and hearing a lot of this in the wake of Delaware’s legalization of sports betting. While I agree that fixing games is the nightmare that every organized sport has to worry about, I really do wonder how much this particular move will contribute to the problem. Plus, there’s a little matter of hypocrisy to consider here: can anyone tell me why injury reports are published?