Today is the gateway to the first college football weekend of the season. And there was much rejoicing…
- Speaking of which, if you’re one of those people who must, here are a couple of betting tips for tomorrow’s games.
- Athlon’s list of the top 15 SEC games this season has Georgia playing in four of the top eight.
- I’m sorry, but no tailgating guide for Georgia football is complete without a mention of Popeye’s fried chicken. It just ain’t.
- Austin Peay’s head coach has a dark secret: “His father, Rob Healy, grandfather Bill Healy, and uncle, Brad Bourne, all played at Georgia Tech.”
- There is some shit Nick Saban has time for, like giving Urban Meyer advice on handling domestic violence accusations.
- Georgia put twelve players on the 2018 Preseason Coaches All-Southeastern Conference Football Team, tops in the SEC and two more than Alabama.
- According to this article in The Athletic ($$), Ole Miss’ offense only has 28 plays in its playbook and doesn’t use more than 16-18 of them in a game.
- And here’s a quick reminder of the rule changes going into effect this season.
- Trevor Matich has the hottest Ohio State take you’ll see today. Maybe more teams should let assistant coaches abuse their spouses.